Monday, April 13, 2009

Swap-CHOO! Results

I am fairly certain my hankie has landed in Vancouver, so I'm going to unveil what I sent for our Swap-CHOO handmade hankie swap. It was such a fun exchange, and I loved thinking about the 14 of us stitching up a tiny and sweet handmade item. A hankie seems both practical and romantic, and I'm hard-pressed to come up with another item you can say that about.


I embroidered a dandy red bike on it for my swap partner, Holly, who I learned from her blog has a lovely red bike that gets her all around. And, of course, the fabric came from Alewives (check out their site, because it's all redone and so beautiful!)

On the poem front, I considered ignoring the fact that I write poetry because I felt sort of shy about it. When it came time to put pen to paper, it felt super genuine to go ahead. I chose one from last year, one I wrote for a Valentine's Day poetry contest here in Belfast which landed me 3rd prize.

Check out our Swap-CHOO! Flickr pool for pictures of all the great hankies swapped so far.

3 comments:

Arielle Greenberg Bywater said...

Hey Peggy! I'm dying to email you but realized I don't have an email for you...Can you email me? Ariellecg at yahoo. Would love to meet up, etc. Your blog is amazing, and your note on my blog was so nice...xo Arielle

Rhea Butler said...

Hi Peggy,

I love your hankie.

Thanks so much for hosting the swap. It was a LOT of fun and I can't wait to do another one soon!

XO,

Rhea

Holly said...

Hi Peggy,

Your package arrived in the mail today and I squealed with glee when I saw the red bike you had embroidered on my beautiful hanky! I was so pleased that you chose fabric by Heather Bailey, I've been admiring her work for months but haven't got any in my stash! The poem resonated with me and having it written in the author's handwriting makes it all the more special.

Thank you so much for the care you put into Swap-CHOO!
Holly

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs